“My hope is that the description of God’s love in my life will give you the freedom and the courage to discover . . . God’s love in yours."
- Henri Nouwen, Here and Now

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Edge?

What is edge? It has been so long since I last wrote her, and with the advent of the summer and what I am hoping will be a plethora of new time... mostly to WRITE, I feel like I need to begin with this blog in the beginning. Hmmmm, a very good place to begin, as Mary Poppins said. Wow-- ?!? No, you might be wondering: How much sleep has this blogger had? But, before digressing too far, what is the purpose of this blog? It seems to me that this space is mostly for story telling. Storytelling and musing... and for me, in this genre, edge is always paramount: Edge is the tension-point, the point of incarnation (where two opposites meet to create something new, even if just momentarily). I desire to use this space to write and give birth to the stories in my heart and mind... that they might find a place to live.... even if just ever so briefly.