“My hope is that the description of God’s love in my life will give you the freedom and the courage to discover . . . God’s love in yours."
- Henri Nouwen, Here and Now

Friday, June 5, 2009

New Day

Wow. Today the day greets me with the usual lethargy and fatigue of the last two days. I feel like I am trying to make up sleep deficits from the last year... But it is so good to try to stay still... or rather, stay still, sleep, and type. This is a good discipline. I feel like I am back at Taize at the silent retreat, where I learned the beauty of just staying still and felt God inspiring me simply to use the time to sleep-- Totally not a cop-out!

At the moment, I have this strange propulsion to sleep and read at the same time and am wondering if my mind and body would be content with reading my dreams for awhile......